When 21 Day Fix Meets Epicure: Asian Inspired Carrot Noodles

I've never been much of a cook. There I said it.. I mean I could make potatoes and cook chicken and heat stuff up, but on a whole, I have never been the type to spend time in the kitchen. Or, for that matter enjoy the time I did spend there, and I certainly wasn't very inspired or creative with what I did. I grew up , like a lot of Canadians did, ham and potatoes, spaghetti, and chicken or pot roast...with the odd veggie tossed in.. My mom I think (and I feel bad about this now) probably did what most of us do and started off cooking a plethora of different meals, all of which were probably well loved by her and my dad.. Then you suddenly end up with one kid who will ONLY eat chicken and another that will eat anything BUT chicken and decided, "Ok for sanity sake I'm going to cook the basics." We did the same in our house for years, and then it turned into take out more often than not and then the same boring meals that were not properly portioned. When I found out about 21 day fix, I quickly realize there wasn't much room in the meal plan for the way we had been eating. I was nervous at first.. because of my lack of cooking talents, but excited.. I decided in that moment I wanted my kids to remember me cooking healthy, and not from boxes and creatively.. After all food is fuel and its important to love what you eat and fuel your body properly. Previously I had purchased some Epicure products, most of which I have to say are fairly clean and what salt and sugar they do have is minimal and made from the best version they can be made from. When I started the 21 fix I decided I didn't want to waste things I already had if I didn't have to, I wanted to make what I had work.. I also wanted to take the foods we LOVED and make them into a healthier version. People get crazy trying to reinvent their meal plans, KISS method applies here. Take it easy, and make what you love, just tweak it a bit! What did I love in this house?? PAD THAI!!! I actually didn't realize at first that this recipe would turn out as much like a Pad Thai dish as it did. I've been trying to make my own version for years buying store bought versions of sauce and BAM I fell right into this one!


 The first thing I did was take my epicure Sesame Ginger Dressing mix and prepared it in one of their Cruets to recipe like this: 2 Tbsp (30 ml) Sesame Ginger Dressing Mix 3 Tbsp (45 ml) soy sauce or gluten free soy sauce 3/4 C (80 ml) oil 1/2 C (125 ml) rice vinegar I my self for my family of 5 used half this recipe But you could make the whole thing and use it on a cucumber, pasta or garden salad next day. To find a list of ingredients click HERE

Quick Tip I usually sub out  reg soy sauce  for Braggs liquid aminos  which is a much lighter better for you  version of soy.
Next I take my 
-Carrot noodles (I usually peel and spiralized these a head of time  4 to 6 large ones fed the 5 of us )  and my 
-Chopped veggies (I used  red,orange and yellow peppers, green onion  and spinach the store was out of sprouts or I would have added them too) 
And sauté  them   in a pan until they are more tender. 
- Then I add my protein. My family was divided,  my  little guy and I wanted shrimp (I used precooked froze  no tails) and my girls and their dad wanted  chicken (chicken was precooked and ready to go.. use that amount  your family would normally eat. For us it would be  1 breast for my husband and one for the girls to share,  for the shrimp  I pre-meausred  a red container 3/4 cup plus a small amount more for Rowan). Tofu could also be used.
-Next I add 1tbsp of natural PB  to my dish (more maybe 2 to 3 for the  main dish..I always cook my portion separate  o I don't have to worry about  remeasuring).
- And then top with peanuts and serve..That's it! Super quick and super easy, husband  approved also!
  For 21 day fix counters  in my meal I had 
3 green (2 carrots and 1 peppers and other veggies)
1 red (shrimp)
1 blue measured as an orange (chopped peanuts and almonds should be measured n an orange. .I just found that out)
1 orange  for the epicure  dressing
And 1 silver for my natural PB (u could sub for PB2 also but may not be as creamy)

If you are interested In Learning more About The 21 Day Fix or any other BeachBody Program  Contact Me  HERE 
 or Twitter @samantha1373
Instagram @samanthaVDW



You may also like

No comments: